Thursday, October 22, 2015

BOO! – Halloween Decor

Hello there! I can't believe how quickly October is slipping by. Halloween is next weekend! Now that is scary. At least I got these done in time to enjoy them. I created a trio of little Halloween decor pieces using giant wooden spools (picked up at a rummage sale, score!) for the bases. These were a lot of fun to make! I love "shopping my stash". ;-)


Most of the dies and embellishments are from Tim Holtz with a few things from my local craft store thrown in. The good news is I still have four spools left! You'll be seeing those soon all decked out for Christmas. Now, how about some closeups of each one:



Crackle paint and glitter add lots of texture to this spool.


This one is sewing themed Halloween style. I was happy to find the Witch brand pins card in the Frightful Ephemera pack. I had some wee little skull beads and I glued one on the head of the pin too.


This black cat is covered in Black Soot Crackle Paint which gives it a great texture. A fun trick to alter Letterpress letters is to rub the letters with archival ink and sprinkle them with embossing powder (and emboss it of course!) It gives it an enameled look.

Thanks for stopping by to check out my latest projects! I'm going to be entering these into three challenges:


The Mixed Media Monthly Word Search Challenge. The words I used to inspire my project are Bat, Cat, Skull, Boo and Ghost.



I'm also entering the Anything But Cute "31 Days of Halloween" Challenge. Projects need to include the number 31 of which I have two.

AND, the Frilly and Funkie Something Wicked Challenge. I don't do really wicked projects so hopefully slightly spooky will suffice lol.

Thanks for stopping by! The supplies I used for this project can be found at Sizzix, Inspiration Emporium or Amazon. Follow the links below and use my code JUICE at Inspiration Emporium to save 10% if you go shopping there. I will also point out that US shipping is always $5 and international shipping is just $10 at IE. ;-)



13 comments:

  1. Love your decorated spools - AWESOME thank you for dropping by my blog xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOLY these are amazing Lisa! You are so freakin' talented!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous Lisa. Love the crackle on the ghosts and the pops of orange. Love how you decorated each one and those spools are a great find . Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these Halloween decor projects. What a great way to use wooden spools!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Lisa, these are DELIGHTFUL!!! First, I'm so happy for and just a weensy bit jealous of your rummage sale score! Perfect bases for these fabulous scenes! I love how you've decorated the spools themselves, but the little vignettes on top are just so stinkin' fun! We can't miss your 31 that you've included--well done! Thank you for joining our 31 Days of Halloween Challenge at anything But Cute with this trio! Hugs! Sara Emily DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing Halloween collection! Love it!
    Thank you so much for joining our 31 Days of Halloween challenge at Anything But Cute!
    Samra DT
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this little trio of Halloween decor items. Each one is a beauty and could stand alone but together they are fabulous. Thanks for joining us at Anything But Cute.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those spools are so cool and such a great base!! I really love each of these - so spooky and fun. Thanks so much for joining us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your trio!! Each one of them is fantastic!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh lisa, i just can't anymore with you! everything you make is too gorgeous!!!! what an AWESOME idea and oh my gosh you really packed a lot of awesomeness onto one little spool base. can't WAIT to see what you do with them for christmas! Thank you so much for playing with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

    -Rachel
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the spooky cuteness of your altered spools!! Thanks so much for sharing your art with us at the Frilly and Funkie Challenge!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your halloween spools are super cool! I love the way you've used all the new Tim Holtz seasonal products. Thanks for sharing these treasures at Frilly and Funkie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on your Frilly and Funky Top Pick!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate it!