Monday, March 21, 2016

Felt Needle Book with Eileen Hull's Stitchlits Flowers

Happy Monday! I think I'm getting used to the daylight savings time change now so this Monday is certainly happier than last Monday. It's happy spring now too! To celebrate I'm sharing a colorful and flowery project with you – a needle book decorated with the Flower & Leaf Stitchlits die set.


The body is cut out of thick felt using the Needle Book die. This is the first time I've actually used it to make a true needle book. It's very useful for all sorts of projects! (see HERE and HERE) All the flowers were cut from wool felt I found at my local quilt store. Some of the flower dies in the set cut stitch holes as the flower is cut:





It's easy to use these as a guide as you are stitching with the embroidery floss. I also added vintage buttons from my stash and a snap for a closure. Inside I stitched a lining of pink wool and added a page for the needles:



I also created ATCs similar to this project which you can see HERE.

Thanks for stopping by! The supplies I used for this project can be found at Sizzix or Simon Says Stamp. Follow the links below and a shopping you may go. ;-)


1 comment:

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate it!