Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Sizzix Party Decor Ideas with Eileen Hull

Howdy! Summer is in full swing now and that often means lots of celebrations and get-togethers! For the month of July, Eileen's Inspiration Team will be sharing our creative ideas for Sizzix Party Decor. You’ll find ideas for storage, centerpieces, favors and more that you can create with your favorite Sizzix dies for your next party, bbq or bash. For my project, I used the Tea Cup 3-D die to make a favor for a bridal shower:


I have an oldie but goodie technique to share to help you get more use out of your Sizzix dies. Let's get going!

You've probably heard of using dies to make fun foam stamps. This is a great technique to remember and it's super easy! I applied a double sided adhesive sheet to a piece of fun foam and ran it through my Big Shot with the Lace Medallion Doily die.



Remove the adhesive backing and stick it on a piece of scrap plastic packaging. Voila! Instant stamp!

I used a brayer to apply white acrylic paint to the stamp and then stamped the image onto my tea cup pieces. You can't see much of the white on white but the paint acts as a resist. See what happens in the next step.



I spritzed the pieces with Spray Distress Stain and gently wiped the excess off the stamped parts. The stamped design pops right out! Next came the assembly of the cup which isn't hard at all. You can use a strong dry adhesive like tacky tape but mine was already packed away for the move. I used a wet adhesive which takes a bit longer but works well. Clothespins make great clamps to hold things in place while the glue dries a bit.


While the glue was drying, I assembled the flowers. Eileen's flower dies make it a breeze. Here I used the Heart & Soul Flower die to cut out several parts to work with.


I also shaped the petals by placing the parts on a foam pad and using a rounded tool to make it dimensional.


Finished flowers:


Thanks for stopping by! Be sure to head on over to Eileen's blog to check out all the ideas being shared this month. You'll find lots of inspiration! We'd love to have you share your projects on Eileen's Facebook page too. Have a great week… ;-)

The supplies I used for this project can be found at Sizzix or Simon Says Stamp. Follow the links below and a shopping you may go. ;-)


6 comments:

  1. Love the soft colors and how you used the Doily die as a stencil Lisa! The flowers look so pretty on there too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these soft colors and how you used the Doily die as a stencil! The flowers are so pretty on there too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your project is so cute! i love the teacup and doily and i also love creating my own stamps using the fun foam!!! (and clothespins are handy little creations aren't they!!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this tea cup! I think I may have to order it! You made it look so lovely! Clothespins? I never knew!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate it!